DSC stands for Digital Signature Certificate. It is an electronic form of signature that is used to authenticate and validate digital documents, transactions, and messages. DSCs are issued by licensed Certifying Authorities in India and are used for various purposes like filing income tax returns, e-tendering, e-procurement, and e-filing of documents with government agencies. The DSC Cost can vary depending on several factors, including the type of certificate, the level of security required, and the issuing authority. In this article we shall discuss about the different classes of digital signature certificate and it’s relating cost.
Who Is The Concerned Issuing Authority?
The cost of a digital signature certificate can also depend on the issuing authority. Some of the popular issuing authorities in India are eMudhra, Sify, Capricorn, and nCode. The cost of a certificate from one authority may differ from another.
Requisite Documents Required For the Application of DSC
To apply for a DSC, you would need to submit the following documents:
- Identity Proof: Any government-issued ID such as PAN card, Aadhaar card, passport, driver’s license, etc.
- Address Proof: Any government-issued address proof such as Aadhaar card, utility bill, bank statement, etc.
- Passport Size Photograph: A recent passport-sized photograph with a white background.
- DSC Application Form: You can download the DSC application form from the website of the Certifying Authority (CA) or get it from their office.
Additionally, you may also be required to submit other documents as per the requirements of the Certifying Authority. It is important to note that the documents submitted must be valid and in the name of the applicant. Once you have submitted the required documents, you will need to undergo a verification process, after which the DSC will be issued to you.
Types of Digital Signature Certificates and DSC Cost to Obtain the DSC Certificate
There are three types of digital signature certificates, and the DSC cost can vary based on the type:
- Class 1: This type of certificate is issued to individuals and is used to verify email IDs and provide online authentication. The DSC cost of a Class 1 certificate can range from INR 500 to INR 1500.
- Class 2: This type of certificate is used for business purposes and is issued to both individuals and organizations. It is used for online transactions and e-filing of income tax returns. The DSC cost of a Class 2 certificate can range from INR 750 to INR 3000.
- Class 3: This type of certificate is the most secure and is used for high-value transactions and online auctions. It is issued to individuals and organizations and provides the highest level of security. The DSC cost of a Class 3 certificate can range from INR 1500 to INR 5000.
What Is The Validity Of A Digital Signature Certificate?
The validity of a digital signature certificate can range from one year to three years. The longer the validity, the higher the DSC Cost.
In conclusion, the DSC cost in India can range from INR 500 to INR 5000 depending on the type of certificate, issuing authority, validity, and additional costs. It is essential to choose a reliable and trustworthy issuing authority that provides the required level of security at an affordable cost.