FSSAI is an independent body which provides Food License to the food business operators in India. FSSAI has an independent authority related to food like processing, manufacturing, transportation, packing, and distribution; if anyone fails to do so, consequences will follow & also heavy penalties will be imposed on the unit. 90% of food products have met the prescribed FSSAI specifications. However, FSSAI specified certain procedures in order to set up labs all over India for examining nutritional levels in the food particles. It has compulsory to obtain FSSAI License by every FBO (Food Business Operator) and for everyone who is in the delivering food chain. In this write-up, we shall discuss how to create FSSAI Login in India.
What is FSSAI Registration?
Before we discuss how to create FSSAI Login in India, let’s understand the meaning of FSSAI. Every FBO involved in the manufacturing, distribution, sale, and processing of food products must compulsorily obtain FSSAI Registration/License. FSSAI Registration is dissimilar from the FSSAI License in the terms that depending on the nature & size of the business, Food Business Operator should obtain the necessary registration or license.
FSSAI Registration of License is a 14-digit number that is printed on all food products or packages. The 14-digit registration number gives information regarding the assembling State and producer’s permit. FSSAI Registration procedure is aimed to create more accountability for the Food Business Operator to maintain the quality of the food products. The Licensing & Registration procedure and necessities are regulated by the FSS (Licensing & Registration of Food Business) Regulations, 2011.
There are three types of FSSAI Registration or License in India:
- FSSAI Basic Registration: Food Business Operators having an annual turnover of less than Rs. 12 lakh must obtain FSSAI Basic Registration or License. The FSSAI Registration or License form that the applicant has to fill is Form A to obtain FSSAI Basic Registration.
- FSSAI State License: Food Business Operators having an annual turnover of more than Rs. 12 lakhs and less than Rs. 20 crores should obtain this license and for this license, the applicant needs to file a Form-B application.
- FSSAI Central License: Food Business Operators having an annual turnover of more than Rs. 20 crore must obtain this license and for this, the applicant needs to file a Form-B application.
Create FSSAI Login Online – Steps
Following are some vital steps to create FSSAI Login online:
Step 1: Official Website: First, you have to visit the official website of FSSAI that has been created for FSSAI License Registration.
Step 2: Sign up: Once you visit the official website, then you need to go to the “Existing User” section. You will see the option “Sign up”. If you click this option, then you will be redirected to the FBO sign up page.
Step 3: Fill in all the details of FBO: After signing up, you need to fill in all the following information:
- Applicant’s full name;
- Mention the company name;
- Fill in the complete address;
- Choose the State from the drop-down list;
- Choose the District from the drop-down list;
- Type the postal “PIN Code”;
- Type the email address in the “Email ID” section;
- Type the mobile number on the “Mobile Number” section;
- Enter your user id in the “User Id” section;
- Choose your desired password by typing on the “Password” section;
- Then you will be asked to confirm your password again & then you need to enter the “CAPTCHA CODE” mentioned & finally click on the “Register” button.
Step 4: Existing Username/Password: If there is an existing username or password, a message will pop up on your screen saying you need to “add any number or special character”. According to the message or mail with the provided email address and contract number. Once you receive a confirmation mail, log in to your food license using your login credentials. For further registration, you have to upload the documents.
Importance of FSSAI License & Certification
After discussing the process to create FSSAI login, now let’s discuss the importance of an FSSAI License in India. On taking the license & registration under the FSSAI, the Food Business Operator and his or her entity are required to show the FSSAI logo on all of their food packages and, on the board of the entity and also in other vital places. This would increase their credibility and reputation among the customers as the usage of the FSSAI logo provides assurance of quality. The logo gives the customer further assurance that the food produced and sold by the entity is safe for consumption.
With an increased reputation or status, the company can actually grab investors along with the customers such that there is the expansion of both business and the market share. Along with this, there will also be saving on costs which would arise from legal fees, penalties & charges levied by the authorities for running the business without taking a proper license from FSSAI as required.
FSSAI checks for the food license of Food Business Operators on a random basis and takes severe actions upon those businesses whose licenses have expired or businesses that don’t have an FSSAI License. Create FSSAI License first and then apply for the FSSAI License online can prove to be a challenging task at times.
Read our Article:How to Obtain Food License for Milk Chilling Units?