All the Scanner has been included in the compulsory BIS CRS Registration under Indian standard- IS 13252 (Part 1). This product cannot be imported or exported and sold in the Indian market without BIS Regulation. BIS certification is granted by the BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) in India. The BIS certification indicates third party, i.e. BIS assurance of any product’s quality, reliability, and safety to the customers. In this blog, we will discuss the BIS for Scanner.
CRS (Compulsory Registration Scheme) under BIS
Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) operates mandatory Registration Schemes for notified products according to BIS Rules, 1987 for the product category notified by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY). In 2012, the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology introduced the CRS Scheme.
- CRS stand for Compulsory Registration scheme, which MeitY introduced in 2012 for electronic & IT products. Presently, there are 77 products categorised under the scheme.
- A manufacturer of these products must apply for BIS registration after getting their product tested by BIS-authorised labs.
- Anyone who is manufacturing, importing, storing or distributing products mentioned in the product list notified by the authority should apply for BIS Registration that confirms the Indian Standard as specified in the order.
- BIS then registers the manufacturers under its registration scheme who are permitted to declare that their articles conform to the Indian Standards.
- Compulsory Registration Schemes are operated under Chapter IVA of BIS Rules 1987.
- Once the person is registered, they are allowed to use the Standard Mark as notified by the BIS and registration is allotted to the applicant.
Basic Requisite for BIS for Scanner
To get BIS Registration, the applicant must fulfil the following requirements:
- Manufacturer – The first vital thing is that BIS Licence is granted to the Manufacturer only, not to importers or sellers. The importer may act as AIR for Foreign Manufacturer and can submit the application Form to BIS. But the final BIS licence is granted to the Manufacturer only.
- Manufacturing Address – Proper manufacturing address will be mentioned in the documents. In case of Manufacturer have more than one factory area for the same products, then a separate BIS Licence is required for every factory location.
- Product – All product needs their own BIS Licence. But if the same products category covers multiple models, then one BIS registration will cover all the models of the same product category. Or one product with different models needs a single BIS Licence or registration.
- Brand/ trademark – Every brand or trademark needs its own BIS Certification.
Documents required to Obtain BIS for Scanner
The following are the Documents require to obtain BIS for Scanner in India:
- Name & Address of the applicant.
- Name & Address of the factory.
- MSME or SSI Certificate
- Layout plan of the factory.
- Flow chart of the manufacturing process
- List of testing equipment & facilities
- Third-Party laboratory test report according to the Indian Standards
- In the case of Foreign or overseas manufacturers, the information of the Nomination Form & the Indian Agent.
- Acknowledgement receipt
- Affidavit & Undertaking attested with ID Proof & Signature of the approved Indian Representative (in case of Foreign Manufacturer)
- Undertaking related to the test report of the product.
- Establishment proof of manufacturing unit like Registration Certificate, Certificate of Incorporation or MOA, etc.
- Information on Outsourcing of the manufacturing process.
- Map location plan of the factory
- List of machinery involved
- Calibration Certificates of testing devices
- In case an authorised signatory signs the application, the Indian Agent & Nomination Form Information.
- Technical information of the products like Schematic Diagrams, List of Critical Components, PCB Layout, and User Manual.
- Letter of Consent by CEO of Company.
- Original Test report of the product by BIS authorised Laboratory.
Procedure to Obtain BIS for Scanner
The BIS registration process for foreign Manufacturers differs from the process for Domestic Manufacturers.
- BIS Registration Process for Domestic Manufacturer
Step 1: Submit the application form online and all vital documents and pay the BIS registration fee & other process fees.
Step 2: Testing of product samples from the BIS Authorised Laboratory.
Step 3: Submit the offline application, the form’s hard copy, the test report and other vital documents.
Step 4: BIS officials or the Inspection team will verify the application form, test report, and other vital documents.
Step 5: If BIS Officials satisfy the application form and other documents, they will grant the BIS for Scanner.
- BIS Registration Process for Foreign Manufacturer
Step 1: Nominate Indian Representative who will represent the foreign Manufacturer in India.
Step 2: Submit the online application form and all the required documents.
Step 3: Testing the samples of the product in BIS authorised Laboratory.
Step 4: Submit the online or offline hardcopy of the application form, including a test report of the product and other vital documents.
Step 5: BIS Officials will verify the application form and test report along with all the vital documents.
Step 6: If BIS Officials satisfy the application form and other documents, they will grant the BIS for Scanner.
The National Standard Body of India is the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). BIS oversees the smooth progression of product standardisation, marking, and quality certification, as well as any issues related to or incidental to such activities.
Read our Article:How to obtain BIS for Printer in India?