Since international trade is expanding quickly in the age of globalisation, manufacturing and import/export enterprises are also expanding significantly. No matter what role you have, whether you’re an importer, trader, supplier, or most importantly, a manufacturer, there are obligations in terms of compliance and regulatory criteria that must be met before releasing any products into the Indian market. BIS CRS Registration, a considerable quality control compliance, is necessary when discussing electronic and IT products. You won’t miss a piece of information concerning the BIS Registration’s compliance requirements under the Compulsory Registration Scheme (CRS). In this article, BIS CRS Registration for POS Machine.
What is the Meaning of CRS?
Compulsory Registration Scheme, also known as CRS, is regulated under Scheme-II of BIS (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018. The Ministry of Electronics &Information Technology (MeiTy) introduced the CRS Scheme. In this Scheme, manufacturers must get the BIS CRS Registration for their electronic products before introducing them to the Indian market. BIS Scheme is based on the self-declaration of conformity through the manufacturers. Over past few years, the number of Registration under the CRS has grown significantly. Also, MeiTy notified Electronics and Information Technology Goods (Requirement for Compulsory Registration) Order, 2021, for 15 categories of electronics goods. On 13 November 2014, 15 more new electronics product categories were added to the MeiTy. Another 13 new electronics product categories were added from the MeiTy under this order in August 2017. Per the order, no manufacturers can sell electronics products that do not follow the Indian Standard specified and do not bear the Standard Mark with a unique Registration number obtained by the BIS.
What is POS Machine?
POS stands for Point of Sale, or in other words, it is where your transaction is finalised. The term itself can have a couple of different interpretations. In the narrowest sense, it means the terminal which sits beside the cash register to process credit & debit cards and any gift cards you accept at your business. The POS Machine market attained a value of nearly INR 26.7 billion in 2020, driven by the rapid digitisation in India. Assist by the robust growth of the retail sector, and the market is expected to witness further development in the forecast period of 2022-2027, growing at a CAGR of 13.29%. The market is projected to reach about INR 56.6 billion by 2026. All the Point of Sale has been included in the mandatory BIS CRS under Indian Standard IS 13252(Part 1):2010.
Different Forms Required for BIS CRS Registration for POS Machine
|Form-I||Application for grant of new Registration|
|Form-II||Format for the undertaking of test reports|
|Form-III||Format for affidavit|
|Form-IV||Format for letter of nomination of Authorised Indian Representative also known as AIR.|
|Form-VI||Application for renewal of Registration|
|Form-VIIIA||Inclusion or Model Withdrawal|
|Form-VIIIB||Change of other information in the scope of the Registration|
Documents required for Obtaining BIS CRS Registration for POS Machine
Following are some vital documents that need to obtain BIS CRS Registration for POS Machine in India:
- Name and address proof of applicant;
- Name and Address proof of factory;
- MSME or SSI certificate (if applicable)
- Document showing the establishment of the manufacturing premises like Incorporation Certificate or Memorandum of Association, or Registration Certificate etc.
- Flow chart of Manufacturing process covering all processes of manufacture (from raw material to finished product stage)
- Information on outsourcing of manufacturing operations (if applicable)
- List of Manufacturing machinery and the machinery information
- List of testing facilities & testing equipment list
- Third-party laboratory test report of product according to Indian Standards (if applicable)
- Copies of valid calibration certificates of testing equipments
- map Layout plan of the factory premises & map location plan of the factory premises
- If the authorised signatory signs the application, the authorisation letter by the CEO in the authorised signatory’s name
- In-house or independent test report (if applicable)
- In the case of a foreign manufacturer or international applicant, the nomination information of the Indian agent & nomination form
Procedure to Obtain BIS CRS Registration for POS Machine
BIS CRS Registration for POS Machine generally involves the Registration process & surveillance process. The following steps are involved under the Registration procedure:
- The manufacturers submit the BIS CRS registration application.
- The BIS officer and Inspection team will visit the factory premises for a preliminary inspection.
- After the review, the product samples will be tested in BIS authorised laboratory.
- After completion of the evaluation, the BIS official and inspection team will derive the final result.
After the inspection process, the BIS Officer will conduct the Surveillance procedure to conduct a complete survey of the factory premises. The following steps are involved in the surveillance procedure:
- The BIS officer and inspection team will visit the factory premises to testify the test results of the product samples
- The BIS officer will send the product samples to the independent labs
- The test report will give a brief complaint on the investigation
- The performance review report will be prepared
- Once the report is reviewed, the BIS CRS Registration for POS Machine is granted.
The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) exists to supply the Indian people with high-quality products that adhere to BIS certification guidelines. The Bureau of Indian Standards also tests and certifies products. The Bureau of Indian Standards supports the import of secure, high-quality products in line with international standards. It is guarantees the safety and quality of products intended for use and consumption.
Read our Article:How to Obtain BIS CRS Registration for Speakers in India?