A Gumasta license is a mandatory permit for businesses and trades operating or about to commence operation in Maharastra. The license falls under the state-based legislation called the Shops and Establishment Act. The licensing procedure, paperwork, and post compliances of the Gumasta license differ state-wise. The Municipal Corporation of Mumbai grants this license against the prescribed application and fee. Let’s dive into the legalities of this license and explore the process of obtaining the same.
What is a Gumasta License?
Gumasta License serves as a legal approval for operating any business or trade in Maharastra. Presently, it falls under the Maharashtra Shops and Establishment Act and is granted by the Municipal Corporation of Mumbai. Every business or trade (regardless of its legal structure and scope of operation) needs to secure this license. Without a Gumastaa license, it would be difficult for any business to open a current bank account or secure GST registration.
Advantages of Applying for a Gumasta License
Being registered under a Shop and Establishment Act of Maharastra make your business entitled to the following benefits:
- After securing a Gumasta license, your will become entitled to several benefits and tax exemptions.
- Gumasta license serves as prime facia evidence that bolsters the legal existence of your business.
- Any business after securing the Gusmata license becomes eligible to open a current bank account in any designated bank.
- Businesses with this license can rejoice the better credibility over time.
Mandatory Documents for Gumasta License
Following are the documents required to apply for a Gumasta license
|General/Sole Proprietorship||Partnership||Private Company|
|PAN card/Aadhar card/photo||Partnership Deed||MoA and AoA|
|Address proof in the form of utility bill||Partnership Firm’s Pan||Certificate of Incorporation (COI)|
|Application Letter in the format recommended by the authority||Partner’s ID proof – Address & Identity||Company Director’s Identification proof – Address & Identity|
|Authority letter for business||Prescribed Fees for a partnership Firm||–|
|Proof of ownership of Property||–||–|
Steps for Securing Gumasta License Online
- Visit the licensing portal of the local urban body
- Next, create a new account on the portal
- After the account creation, login to the portal again.
- Explore the tab called ‘Shops and Establishment Registration’ for exploring the ‘Registration Form A’ option.
- Next, fill in the required detail in the ‘Registration Form A’, upload mandatory documentation, and submit the fee
- Once the e-form gets approved, the authority will share the registration certificate on the applicant’s email ID. Also, one copy of the Gumasta license shall remain available on the portal for download.
Note: Applicant must share the Registration certificate with the Area inspector within a month of commencing the business.
A Gumasta license is legal approval for operating any trade or business in Maharastra. Those who skip this mandatory requirement sooner or later shall be penalized by the governing authority. Therefore, the timely obtainment of this license is an absolute necessity for emerging businesses.
Read Our Article: Know The Procedure For Availing Shop And Establishment License