The Government of India has introduced a GST Login Portal and it enables taxpayers to complete the tax processes online. The platform allows handling everything regarding GST, it saves time & provides technical support so that there is no need for the payer to visit the tax offices physically. This new system ensures more transparency, owing to the digital support available for taxpayers. From GST Registration to GST Returns Filing, everything can be done online. Scroll down to check more information regarding GST Login Portal.
What is GST Login Portal?
GST Login Portal is an official website of the Indian Government; once you register and complete the login process, you can access your consent GST details. Using this portal, users can register their taxes and payments, file returns, and apply for a refund. The user can also cancel the GST Registration and access various GST-related analysis. Taxpayers can also clarify their doubts on GST using this portal and they also get important announcements of Government notices and this GST Login Portal motivates taxpayers to file taxes without any hassle.
Different Services Provided in the GST Login Portal
Following are some important services provided in this portal:
- Online GST Payments;
- Application for GST practitioner;
- Viewing E-Ledgers;
- The facility of GST Returns Filling;
- Application for Registration for the casual dealer, normal taxpayer, ISD;
- Claiming return for the excess GST paid (RFD-01);
- Providing Letter of Undertaking (LUT) (RFD-11);
- Availing Composition Scheme (GST CMP-02);
- Opting out of Composition Scheme (GST CMP-04);
- Intimation of Stock for CD (Composition Dealers) (GST CMP-03);
- Filing Table 61 of GSTR-1 for Export Refund;
- Accessing various Transition Forms such as (TRAN-1, TRAN-2, and TRAN-3).
Who Should Login & Register for GST?
According to the GST Law, the following are the individuals who are required to be registered under the regime of the taxation system:
- Individuals who were registered under the different taxation systems such as VAT, Service Tax, Excise Duty, etc.) before GST;
- All e-commerce aggregators;
- Non-resident taxable person;
- Casual taxable individual;
- Businesses across India with an annual turnover of more than Rs. 40 lakhs;
- Businesses in North-Eastern India, J&K, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttarakhand with an annual turnover of more than Rs. 10 lakhs;
- Input service distributors;
- Individual or person who pay tax under the reverse charge mechanism & so on.
Steps to Sign up for the GST Login Portal
Following are the steps to sign up for the portal:
- First, visit the official website of GST;
- Then go to the New Registration section and enter all the information;
- After entering all your information, then submit it and you will get an OTP;
- Enter the OTP and proceed;
- After submitting the application forms, you will be assigned an Acknowledgement Number. When you get a GST Number, User ID & password, the application process for login is complete and you can use this information to access the GST Login Portal.
Procedure to Login to the GST Portal
The GST Login Portal primarily serves two sorts of users:
- Existing Users: Follow the steps below if you are an existing user:
- First, visit the official website of GST and login through your user id and password;
- After login, you can check the ledger balance of your GST Input Tax Credits and your tax liability in their respective head such as Electric Credit Ledger, Electronic Liability Register, and Electronic Cash Ledger. There are also 2 options i.e., File Request & Pay Tax. The dashboard also shows the AATO (Annual Aggregator Turnover) and notices/orders obtained from the GST Administration.
- New Users:
- Visit the GST portal & go to the login section.
- Click on the “First Time Login” button; if you are logging for the first time.
- Enter the GSTIN or UIN (Unique Identification Number), and provisional ID & password that were emailed to you, and proceed.
- After this, you will get new credentials and you can now successfully access the GST Login Portal with the credentials you created.
- When you first log in to the GST portal, you will be asked to make an amendment application to submit your bank account details. Then select the File Amendment.
- The application form would be shown on the screen for amending. The non-essential elements would be editable in the Form. By clicking the “Add New option”, you can edit the details in the bank accounts before submitting the application.
How can you track the Status of the GST Registration Application?
- First, you need to visit the official website of GST;
- Then under the Services tab, select Registration and then click on the “Track Application Status” button;
- Select ARN and enter the ARN number and click on the “Search” button;
- And follow the instructions to check the status of your Registration Application.
The GST India login portal is well organised and user-friendly, it helps taxpayers to pay their taxes without any hassles.
Read our Article:Step by Step Guide to Change GST Registration Details