An Overview of CBSE Affiliation
In India, the primary function of the CBSE is to grant Affiliation to School. Any school in India which has granted CBSE Affiliation has to run as per the CBSE Guidelines. CBSE is the education board with the highest reputation. For private & unaided schools, it helps in winning the people's trust, as the Board is under the Central Government of India and shows quality education. There are 3 types of affiliations provided by the CBSE – Provisional, Temporary, and Permanent that a school can avail of by registering themselves from the online platform.
In India, getting CBSE Affiliation is not an easy task and it requires multiple compliances & proper understanding of the requisites set by the CBSE. The process of obtaining CBSE Affiliation is clumsy and involves various procedures, documentation & requirements regarding various aspects of a school. Corpbiz will help you with the procedures and documentation for the same.
Different Types of Schools Eligible for CBSE Affiliation
Following are the different types of Schools eligible for Affiliation with CBSE:
- Government or Government aided schools;
- Private and unaided schools;
- Schools run by Government Departments directly, such as Railways, Defence, etc.;
- Schools managed by Public Sector Undertakings or by reputed societies of Public Sector Undertakings under the financial control of such Public Sector Undertakings/by Societies formed by such Undertakings;
- Schools run by independent organisations under the Government like Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS), Sainik Schools Society, Central Tibetan Schools Organisation (CTSO), etc.
Conditions for a School to Get CBSE Affiliation
Following are some vital conditions to get CBSE Affiliation in India:
- Recognition From Respective State Government: A school must submit a formal prior Recognition Certificate from the Education Department of the respective State Government.
- Land Requirements: To get CBSE Affiliation, the land requirement would be required to be fulfilled by the School:
- There should be a suitable size of the playground on the part of the land on which there is no construction;
- The complete piece of land should be covered with a boundary wall on all sides, which should be of appropriate height;
- The School should be set up on a single plot of land. If there are more than 2 survey numbers, all the plots should be adjacent to each other, making a single plot of land;
- The minimum land required for a school to get CBSE Affiliation is 8000 square meters. But, a school with 6000 square meters may be granted Affiliation, provided the restriction of ideal enrolment & number of sections is fulfilled;
- A minimum of 4000 sq. mts. of land shall be required in case of the following:
- Schools that are located in hilly areas;
- Schools that are located in the states of J&K;
- Schools that are located in the MA or Municipal Authorities limits of cities & have a population exceeding Rs. 15 lakhs;
- Schools that are located in the North-Eastern states.
For Schools that are located at hill stations, the minimum land requirement shall be 2000 Sq. meters for secondary schools and 3000 square meters for Senior Secondary School.
- Website: The School shall be required to maintain & develop its website, wherein all the vital information regarding the School will be provided.
- School Management: The School should have proper management as per the provision of the Education Act or Rules of the suitable Government. Also, as specified under RTE Act, 2009 & as per the provisions contained in the CBSE Bye-laws, the School should have a management committee.
- NOC: A school seeking CBSE Affiliation would be required to submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) regarding the fact that the State Government doesn't have any objection for the School to get affiliated with CBSE. The NOC shall be considered operative till the same is withdrawn by the State Government.
- Registration: The School should have registered under the appropriate law after making all the necessary compliances.
- Physical Infrastructure: According to Bye-Laws, the size of the classroom should be a minimum of 500 square feet. There should be science labs of minimum 600 square feet. There should be a library of 14X8m, fully equipped with the facility of a reading room. The School has to provide drinking water facilities on every floor. Healthy, clean and hygienic toilets, separately for boys & girls, have to be provided on each floor. There should be a computer lab and rooms for extracurricular activities.
Documents Required for CBSE Affiliation
Following are some vital documents required for CBSE Affiliation:
- Two mandatory documents are required to be attached with the application form i.e., Self-Affidavit & District Education Administration;
- Letter of Intent (LoI);
- If there is a satisfactory report & all the vital conditions are satisfied, a Letter of Intent (LoI) shall be granted by the Board to the School for CBSE Affiliation;
- NOC from the State Government for proceeding with the affiliation process;
- Letter of Recognition from the DEO or District Education Officer.
Documents of Land Ownership from the Concerned Authorities:
- Health & Sanitation Certificate;
- FSC or Fire Safety Certificate;
- Photographs of detailed infrastructure;
- Staff Salary Certificate by DEO;
- Safe drinking water Certificate;
- Details of the staff & the salary as per 6th pay commission;
- Building Safety Certificate;
- Affidavit stating Non-Proprietary Character;
- A Registration Letter copy of the Trust, Society, Foundation & Company;
- Past 3 years Financial Status Certificate;
- Certificate of EPF deduction;
- Documentary proof of salary paid via ECS;
- Land Registration Certificate.
Procedure for CBSE Affiliation
The following step by procedure has to be followed to secure CBSE Affiliation:
Step 1: Filing of Application: The first step is to file an application for CBSE Affiliation; our experts will help you file the same on your behalf.
Step 2: Fulfils the Criteria: The School has to fulfil the eligibility criteria for securing CBSE Affiliation.
Step 3: Pay the Requisite Fee: In this step, the applicant would have to pay the requisite fee; along with this, the applicant have to provide documents and other vital information.
Step 4: Agree with the Bye-Laws related to Education: In the next step, the applicant would have to agree with the laws related to education. Besides this, compliance must be met by the applicant to make sure that all procedures are carried out regarding compliance requirements.
Step 5: Submission of Application: In the last step, the Application must be submitted to the authority and the final date of submission is 31st March of year.
- Purchase a Plan for Expert Assistance
- Add Queries Regarding CBSE Affiliation
- Provide Documents to Corpbiz Expert
- Prepare Application for CBSE Affiliation
- Complete all Admissibility Criteria for Preliminary Screening
- Complete Procedural Actions
- Get your work done!
Frequently Asked Questions
It means formal Affiliation of a School with the CBSE Board Examination for Secondary and Senior Secondary Level.
The land area required for starting a CBSE-affiliated school is 8000 sq. mts.
With this Affiliation, people place a great amount of trust in the schools that are CBSE affiliated and it signifies quality education.
CBSE is strict against non-affiliated schools; children studying in these schools will not be able to appear in the board exam.