An Overview of Society Registration in Telangana
In India, a Society can be referred to as an association of multiple individuals with a common interest. The group of individuals focus on governing & taking the initiative to achieve a common goal. The Society Registration Act lays down certain procedures for the purpose of Society Registration in Telangana. This Act was introduced with the aim of augmenting the legal stipulations of Society Registration for the advancement of fine arts, literature, science or distribution of awareness for generous purposes. The Act has been accepted by some State Governments with or without further amendments.
Importance of Society Registration
- Promotion of Science & Literature;
- To support arts;
- Establishing libraries;
- Political education dissemination;
- Dissemination, promotion, or instruction of knowledge that is useful;
- Assemblages of mechanical & philosophical designs, creations, or tools;
- Natural history museum collections;
- Building public museums.
What is the Societies Registration Act, 2001?
According to this Act, a minimum of seven individuals who have attained the age of 18 years can apply for a Society Registration in Telangana. Society should contain a minimum of three executive committee members. Following are some of the purposes of establishing a Society in Telangana:
Benefits of Society Registration in Telangana
The following are some benefits of Society Registration in Telangana:
Vital Necessary Papers Required for Society Registration in Telangana
Following are some vital necessary papers required for Society Registration in Telangana:
- PAN Card: PAN Card of all the members of the Society.
- Valid Residence Proof: All members' residence proof of the Society must be submitted. The following can be used as legitimate residence proof:
- Aadhar Card;
- Driving License;
- Bank Statement;
- Latest Utility Bill;
- MOA or Memorandum of Association: The MOA has to be prepared, which will contain the following information:
- The details or information of all the members establishing the Society;
- The objectives & work of the Society for which it is being formed;
- It will include the registered office address.
- Covering Letter: This letter mentioning the objective for which the Society is being established will be annexed to the beginning of the Society Registration application. It will be duly signed by all the founding members of the Society.
- Address Proof: A copy of address proof where the registered office of the Society will be located, along with a No Objection Certificate from the landlord, if any, has to be attached.
- Declaration: A declaration has to be provided by the president of the proposed Society that he or she is willing & competent to hold the said post.
- List of all members: A detailed list of all the members of the governing body has to be given with their signatures.
- Rules & Regulations of the Society: The rules & regulations also have to be prepared, which will include the following details:
- Rules & regulations by which the Society working will be governed & the maintenance of day-to-day activities;
- Auditors’ information;
- It will contain the rules for taking society membership;
- Ways for the Society's dissolution will also be mentioned;
- Forms of arbitration in the case of any dispute between the Society's members;
- The details regarding the meetings of the Society & the frequency with which they are going to be held is to be mentioned.
All the above necessary papers should be submitted to the Societies' Registrar along with the mandatory fees. On receiving the application, the Registrar will sign the 1st copy as acknowledgement & return it while keeping the 2nd copy for approval. On proper screening of the necessary papers, the Registrar will issue an Incorporation Certificate by allotting a Registration Number to it.
The signed Rules and Regulations and MoA have to be filed with the concerned Society or Registrar of State with the mentioned fee. If the Registrar is fulfilled with the application for Society Registration, then they will declare that the Society is registered.
Book a Free Consultation
Get response within 24 hours
Procedure for Society Registration in Telangana
Following is the procedure for Society Registration in Telangana:
- Gather all the necessary papers: First, the applicant needs to furnish all the required necessary papers. The applicant must make sure that these necessary papers are properly assessed before application filing.
- File the online application: After gathering all the necessary papers, the next step is filing out the application form online. Our experts at Corpbiz will help you in filing the application for Society Registration on your behalf.
- Submit the Application: Then, our experts will submit the online application along with the necessary papers and required fees.
- Obtain Registration Certificate: The Head Office will assess your application and if it is satisfied with your application, you will get the Society Registration Certificate.
Post Registration Compliance
Following registration, a trust make take the following actions:
Some Drawback of an Unregistered Society
While you can get Society Registration in Telangana, there are some drawbacks that you can simply cannot ignore: