An Overview of PSARA License in Maharashtra
According to the Maharashtra Private Security Agencies (Regulation) Rules, 2017, PSARA or Private Security Agency License of Maharashtra State when any individual or Company provide security services in the Maharashtra State. A Private Security Service License need to be applied on a state basis that means for each state in India Private Security Agency is required to apply separately. PSARA License in Maharashtra is a mandatory requirement for conducting Security Business in Maharashtra. Getting PSARA License in Maharashtra is not easy for all Private Security Agencies in Maharashtra; Corpbiz will help you to obtain PSARA License in Maharashtra without any hassle. Without this License you cannot run a Private Security Agency in Maharashtra.
Benefits of Obtaining a PSARA License in Maharashtra
The following are some benefits of obtaining a PSARA License in Maharashtra:
- It empowers the training company;
- Increases credibility of agency;
- Attract more customers;
- It helps in gaining the trust of potential customers;
- It ensures the smooth functioning & working of the Organisation.
Eligibility Criteria for Obtaining PSARA License in Maharashtra
The following are the eligibility criteria for getting PSARA License in Maharashtra:
- In terms of the Business Organisation Type in Maharashtra:
- Sole Proprietorship;
- One Person Company;
- Private Limited Company;
- LLP or Limited Liability Partnership;
- Association of Persons;
- Partnership Firm;
- In terms of the role of a Principal Officer or Director:
- Must have Indian Citizenship;
- Must not have any convictions against them whatsoever;
- Must have at least 17 years of age;
- Must possess enough financial resources to bear the business expenses.
- In terms of the Security Guard Role:
- Must have Indian Citizenship;
- Must have acquired prior training;
- Must measure up to all the preferred physical attributes;
- Must be a person or an individual between the age of 18 & 65;
- Must not be terminated or stopped from any Government service, in any case;
- Assurance regarding the character of the individual or a person has to be given.
Who are Not Allowed to apply for PSARA License in Maharashtra?
Necessary Papers Required for PSARA License in Maharashtra
Following are some vital necessary papers required for PSARA License in Maharashtra:
Book a Free Consultation
Get response within 24 hours
Procedure for Obtaining PSARA License in Maharashtra
Corpbiz will help you to apply for PSARA License in Maharashtra from the comfort of your home, providing you services that are very specialised & tailored for individual needs:
Step 1: Organise all the vital necessary papers: The necessary papers vital for the application have to be sorted & collected accordingly to ensure quick & smooth processing of the application, which will, in turn, fasten the process of obtaining the PSARA License in Maharashtra. Our experts will help you in preparing all the essential necessary papers.
Step 2: Sign MOU with Training Institute (Government-Certified): Signing a Memorandum of Understanding with a training institute is a pivotal step in this process. As per the governing Act, the applicant firm is obligated to sign MOU with a government-accredited training institute to secure this License. The training institute will be liable to train the appointed guard in accordance with PSARA Act.
Step 3: Filing of the PSARA Application: Once all the above steps are completed, then the applicant will have to fill out the application form (Form-I) with the Maharashtra Authority for a PSARA License in Maharashtra. The applicant should also enclose the Application Form-II for verification of its antecedents. The affidavit in Form II needs to be accompanied by Form-I.
Step 4: Police Verification: In this step, the applicant needs to secure NOC from the concerned police department via application Form-I. Whether the agency is a Company or a Partnership, the respective Directors will have to go for the Police Verification as well.
Step 5: Issuance of PSARA License: Where the application for PSARA is accompanied by a NOC/No Objection Certificate from the Police after verification done by the Police, the Authority will examine the application & then proceed to either issue the PSARA License in Form-IV/reject the same, as the case may be.
Conditions in which your PSARA Application may get Rejected
Your PSARA application may get rejected if the Government sees it unfit for the betterment of the general public. If the proposed Director of the Security agency lies under any of the following categories, it will lead to disqualification:
Compliance as per the PSARA
Under the PSARA guidelines, the PSAs or Private Security Agencies must follow some compliance as follows:
- All PSAs must hire supervisors to supervise the working of guards appointed in the Organisation;
- Private Security Agencies are obliged to train the security guards appointed in their firm;
- The Private Security Agencies need to follow every criteria, qualification & disqualification specified under the PSARA;
- As per PSARA, Security Guards must follow the prescribed uniform policy;
- Private Security Agencies must give priority to ex-defence candidates having 3 years of experience.