Wireless Planning and Coordination, also known as WPC, falls under the authorisation of the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology in 1952, with established Headquarters in New Delhi along with Regional Offices established in Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata and Guwahati. The purpose of the WPC is for the issuance of applicable licenses for communication devices such as radio licenses and for observation and authorisation over the spectrum of frequencies.
The Wireless Planning and Coordination Equipment Type Approval, also known as WPC ETA, is necessarily needed to be obtained for the purpose of importation of any wireless devices or products in India. The WPC Certificate for Import of Bluetooth Headphones approval is authorised for issuance under the Department of WPC.
On the Notification of the Office Memorandum issued by the WPC Wing, Department of Telecommunication, under the Ministry of Communication on 26th February 2019, it was declared that for certain wireless devices or products, a Wireless Planning and Coordination Equipment Type Approval or WPC WTA is not mandated further, but a Self Declaration is to be issued for the specified wireless devices or products.
This Notification stated that for a certain type of wireless devices or products, specifically wireless devices or products of Bands with Low Transmission Power that are also exempted from Importation License as per the requirement of the Import Policy issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade also known as the DGFT, were also exempted for issuance of a WPC ETA. The authorisation of the requirements that are needed to be fulfilled falls under the regulation of the Export and Import Policy, also known as the EXIM Policy, under the governance of the the Directorate General of Foreign Trade, also known as the DGFT.
The List of Devices for enlisted for Self Declaration of WPC Certificate for Import of Bluetooth Headphones
The WPC ETA Clearance is to be issued through Self Declaration that is granted for Commercial or for Finished Wireless or Bluetooth Devices or Products, namely, Mobile Phones and Computer Devices that operate as a band as per the permission granted in India for the license that is exempted are mentioned as follows –
- Mobile Handsets
- Smart Phones
- Electronic Notepads
- Smart Watches
- Short Range Devices that include –
- Electronic Accessories
- Any other Wireless or Bluetooth Devices or Products
A Self Declaration is mandated to be issued by the Importer or by the Authorised Indian Representative, also known as an AIR, that will suffice to be treated as a shred of evidence for grant of the permission required for clearances by the Customs and Central Excise Authorities.
Documents needed for the Self Declaration of WPC Certificate for Import of Bluetooth Headphones
The below mentioned are the Documents needed for the Self Declaration of WPC Certificate for Import of Bluetooth Headphones, which mandatorily has to be drafted in the specific format as issued by the Department of Telecommunication, under the governance of the Ministry of Communication –
- Details of the Name and Designation of the Applicant
- Name Address, and Contact Details of the Importing and Exporting Company
- Authorised Seal and Signature of the Applicant Company
- Consignment Port details from where the imported good is scheduled to arrive
- The AWB Number
- The Gazette Notification number, along with the date of when the official notification was issued
- The list including all the details of the wireless devices or products such as –
- The Name of the wireless devices or products
- The Model No. of each wireless device or products
- The Frequency Range of the wireless devices or products
- The Output Power of the wireless devices or products
- Remarks regarding the Product Quality of the wireless devices or products
- The Test Report issued by the BIS Approved Recognised Testing and Assaying Laboratory
- The Details of the BIS Approved Recognised Testing and Assaying Laboratory of where the Product Testing is conducted
- The Payment Receipt, along with the payment date of the Required Fees required for ETA Approval to be paid in accordance with the specifications provided by the WPC Wing of the Department of Telecommunication, under the governance of the Ministry of Communication
- Proof of the Details of Submission of the Consignment Test, the Test Report, ETA Approval Fees Payment has been notified to the WPC and the Department of Telecommunication
- Consent to the WPC Department for sample testing and audits that are needed to be carried out for the purpose of monitoring and for RF Analysis
The Commercial or for Finished Wireless or Bluetooth Devices or Products, namely, Mobile Phones and Computer Devices that operate as a band as per the permission granted in India, in our case, the Bluetooth headphones have to mandatorily issue the WPC Certificate for Import of Bluetooth Headphones as it is necessary for ensuring the human safety requirements.
Read Our Article:Understanding the E-Waste and Its Business Model