National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC) are a government undertaking which was established in 1955. It is operating under MSMEs (Micro, Small, & Medium Enterprises). Presently, NSIC is a reputed Mini Ratna Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) and holds ISO9001:2015 certification. In this write- up we will briefly discuss the NSIC Registration Checklist.
Essential NSIC Registration Checklist
Following are the essential NSIC Registration Checklist:
- Applicants shall ensure enclosing the following documents in duplicate:-
- Declaration of having made the entry in MSME Data Bank.
- Proof of ownership of plant and Equipment/Machinery/Tool and Raw Material showing date or year of purchase and original purchase value (Not Deprecated) of individual machinery (Annexure ‘B’).
- Self-attested copy of PAN and UAM (Udyog Adhaar Memorandum) No.
- Performance Statement according to Performa Annexure-F of the application.
- Certificate from the Proprietor/Directors/Partner whether or not they have any link with.
- Following statements or documents duly signed by the authorized person may be furnished:-
- List of technical personnel employed in production & services.
- List of the quality control device and testing facility available for the factory.
- Copy of latest Electricity Bill.
- Article on quality control measurement adopted from the firm for ensuring the quality of raw material brought out product for assembly & sub-assembly and in process & finished products quality control.
- Copy of kind of test report by Independent lab, where applicable, as mentioned in the relevant standard.
- Trading Account, audited Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account for the last three years duly signed by the authorized in his seal.
- Bankers report providing information on the financial status of the applicant firm according to Performa (draft at Annexure ‘E’).
- Details show the results of operation for the last three years duly signed by an authorized person in his seal (Annexure ‘C’).
- Copy of PAN No. (Permanent Account Number)
Documentary Proof of the Status of the Firms: NSIC Registration Checklist
Following are the documentary proof of the status of the different Firms: NSIC Registration Checklist:
- Additional essential documents to be submitted in case of Partnership Concerns:
- General Power of Attorney in favour of one of the Partners duly notarized as per Annexure ‘A’ (1).
- Form ‘A’ by Registrar of Firms showing the name of partners.
- Partnership Deed duly notarized.
- Additional important documents to be submitted in case of LLP (Limited Liability Partnership):
- Copy of incorporation document-Form 3 (LLP Agreement):- It is the main & significant managerial and administrative document of an LLP and corresponds to the AOA & MOA of any incorporated corporation. This essential document contains provisions, rules, & regulations for managing and running the concerned LLP efficiently from the designated Partners.
- Copy of Form 2:- This shows the Map location of the main or registered offices of the LLP, information of the partners, etc.
- Copy of Form 4:- It contains details about the appointments of the designated partners and their consents.
- Copy of Form 11:- this is an annual return that is filed with the Registrar annually.
- Copy of Form 8:- The details of account and solvency are in Form 8, signed by the designated partners.
- General Power of Attorney according to Annexure A (1) in favour of the designated partners.
- In the case of Limited Companies, it requires to submit some additional documents:
- Certificate of Incorporation duly authenticated.
- Name & Addresses of sitting Directors and their shares & holdings.
- MOA and AOA.
- Board Resolution according to Annexure A (2) in favour of the SignatorySignatory of the application & documents.
- In the case of Cooperative Societies, it requires submitting some additional documents:
- Certificate of Registration of Societies.
- Name & address of members, and their share & holding.
- Society’s Bye-Laws or Regulations etc.
- Current Certificate by Registrar of Societies, which the Society is still functioning, and their working is satisfactory.
- Information of movable and immovable property owned by the Society.
- Information of authorized share capital & subscribed share capital.
- Resolution in favour of the Signatory of the application and documents.
- Resolution of Society for seeking registration in government purchase program.
Other information related to NSIC Registration Checklist
- Declaration signed from the applicant MSE Unit accepting conditions of registration according to Annexure D.
- Copy of BIS License, if needed.
- List of raw materials & finished products in stock.
- Copy of Registration Certificate in the case registered with other government organizations.
- Copy of ISO 9000 (it is optional).
- List of locations where after-sales service facilities (if needed) are available.
- A complete list of Machinery & Plant is required.
Procedure for getting the NSIC Certificate
For obtaining an NSIC Certificate, an applicant needs to follow several steps as follows:-
Step 1: The MSME (applicant) needs to visit the official website of NSIC to obtain a Certificate.
Step 2: To be registered for Single Point Registration Applicant, MSMEs are required to register in MSME Data Bank using PAN & UAM Numbers.
Step 3: Fill in the essential information asked in the application form using PAN & UAM Numbers.
Step 4: The applicant shall submit the application form with the essential documents.
Step 5: Payment of a requisite fee to get the NSIC Certificate.
Step 6: Once the payment is submitted & confirmed, verify the documents from the authority, and the NSIC Certificate shall be sent through the post.
Advantages of NSIC Registration
Following are the benefits of NSIC Registration are-
- Enables the allotment of Tenders Free of Cost: The advantage of the NSIC Registration is that it authorizes the allotment of tenders free of cost to granted MSMEs.
- Assistance to MSMEs through Combining Various Support Services: NSIC helps in implementing several integrated support services as regards Technology, Finance, Marketing, and other sorts of support to MSMEs.
- Enhances the Proficiency of MSMEs: In India, this undertakes a set of customized services to enhance the proficiency of MSMEs.
- Free Form Earnest Money Deposits: MSMEs having NSIC Registration are not needed to pay Earnest Money Deposits (EMD). It is taken by the bidder to guarantee his sincerity in the deal.
- Relief in Government Tenders: Every MSMEs bidding for tenders within the price cap of L1 + 15 percent is permitted to supply up to 20 percent of the demand by lowering the price to L1.
- Progress of Small-Scale Industries: To uplift the Small-scale Industrial sector NSIC has reserved 358 products for purchase, particularly only from SSIs.
Validity of NSIC Registration
Under Single Point Registration NSIC Certificate issued to MSMEs remains valid for two years, and it can be renewed further by filing the renewal application. You need to note that Provisional NSIC Certificate issued to MSMEs with a pecuniary limit of five Lakhs rupees is valid for one year from the date of grant of the NSIC Certificate.
Among the organizations created to support small-scale industries, the NSIC holds a distinctive position. NSIC has been trying to carry out its purpose of assisting, promoting, and nurturing the growth of the nation’s MSMEs, or micro, small, and medium-sized firms. Consequently, NSIC’s functions are crucial for the growth of small and medium-sized businesses.
Read our Article:What is NSIC Registration? Know Its Step by Step Procedure