In the modern day, opening a business in India is not very difficult. However, entrepreneurs must be well-versed in launching a manufacturing firm and the market. Otherwise, dangers could fail your company. In this article, we’ll mostly discuss the things business owners should consider before launching an LED bulb manufacturing operation. The light-emitting diode, known as an LED, is a semiconductor that emits light when current flows through it. Every day, LEDs are becoming more and more popular. Their colour temperatures range from 2700K to 6500K and come in various hues. Compared to CFL, vintage bulbs, and tube lights, LED bulbs use less electricity and produce brighter light. LED bulbs have a long lifespan of between 50000 and 80000 burning hours. The demand for LED products is strong both locally and internationally. Manufacturing LED lights is a highly lucrative industry that requires significant capital commitment. This article will discuss all the essential requirements to start an LED Bulb Manufacturing Business in India.
Why do Peoples Switch to LEDs?
A semiconductor known as an LED, which stands for diodes that emit light, emits visible light whenever a very modest electric current flows through it. LED lights come in a variety of sizes and hues. They are ranked according to their light output efficiency, about 110 lumens per watt. Compared to the standard electric compact fluorescent bulb, they use less power, last longer, and cost a little more to buy (CFL). For instance, a 36W LED bulb can replace a 100W fluorescent tube light! Due to this, domestically and internationally, LED has replaced CFL, tube lights, incandescent, and other light bulbs.
Licenses and Registrations Required for LED Bulb Manufacturing Business
The essentials Licenses and Registrations for LED Bulb Manufacturing Business are summed up below:
- Company Registration; business can be started as a proprietorship, LLP or Limited Liability Partnership, partnership, LLC, or a Private Limited Company. Depending on the ownership, the documentation may involve registering the firm with a Partnership Deed, Ownership document, LLC/ LLP documentation, etc., at the Registrar of Companies (ROC).
- GST Registration is mandatory.
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) of the Pollution Control Board is vital as the LED manufacturing industry causes pollution & uses certain hazardous materials that are not friendly to the environment.
- Municipal Authority Trade Licence is required for all trading activity and must be obtained from the relevant municipal authorities.
- Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises/ MSME Udyog Registration and Aadhar Certification are also required. Before applying for the MSME Certification, an applicant needs to register with the Ministry of MSME and get the 12-digit MSME Udyog Aadhar Number for the applicant LED manufacturing industry.
- Trademark is another important Certificate that protects your brand name and business branding.
- Certification from the Bureau of Energy Efficiency or BEE regarding how much energy the plant needs is also required for LED bulb manufacturing.
- Importer-Exporter Code (IEC) is required if the applicant plan to export LED bulbs from India.
- BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) Certification is required mandatorily for specific LED products notified through the DG of Foreign Trade and is not a country-dependent process.
Pollution Control Measures in LED Bulb Manufacturing Business
To be compliant with the stringent pollution measures in force, here are some essential measures to equip LED Bulb Manufacturing Business:
- Use eco-friendly solvents to clean the circuit boards & reduce the CCL4/ carbon tetrachloride residue, methyl chloroform emissions, CFCs generated and packaging foams. Methylene chloride, trichloroethylene, perchloroethylene, etc., were previously used and should be replaced with alcohols/ketones in the cleaning procedure to protect against the detrimental effects of pollution.
- Modern processes and technology can reduce these harmful gaseous emissions & air pollution.
- The process of the LED bulb manufacturing business involves hand-soldering, dip-soldering, or wave-soldering that emits harmful gas fumes.
- Various new flux materials that contain less than 10% flux solids are also available compared to the 15%-35% flux solids produced in traditional methods.
Raw Materials Required for LED Bulb Manufacturing Business
For assembly of LED-based lighting systems up to 10W, the raw materials required are listed below:
- LED chips;
- Heat-sink devices;
- Plastic body;
- Connecting wire;
- Miscellaneous items;
- Rectifier circuit with filter;
- Metallic cap holder;
- Reflector plastic glass;
- Soldering flux;
- Packaging material.
Equipment Required for LED Bulb Manufacturing Business
LED Bulb assembly or manufacturing is a complex process. Machines must be selected based on the specific LED type produced and the raw material used. However, essential machines include:
- LED PCD assembly machine
- High-speed LED mounting machine
- Candlelight assembly machine for LED
- LED lights assembly machine
- LED chip SMD mounting machine
- LED tube light assembly machine
Other equipment which may be required:
- Soldering machine
- Small drilling machine
- LCR meter
- Digital Multimeter
- Lux meter
- Sealing machine
- Packaging machine
- Digital Multimeter
- Continuity tester
Market to Trade for LED Bulb Manufacturing Business
Entrepreneurs can target local electronics shops to sell LED bulbs. Marketing LED bulbs at the city’s wholesale market is a major portion of trade in this business. Exporting LED bulb to other nations is a great option for an entrepreneur who just needs the IEC code required for the exportation and a good marketing system. Entrepreneurs can endorse a product with both outdated & online promoting strategies delivery network and retailer is the best advertising option for this business, and study the business to business and industrial selling option, bulb joins the local business implication connected to the energy production industry, trade fares are a prodigious place to endorse LED bulb industrial brand. Producing a website and posting a blog can attract and generate customers.
LED bulbs are the best-suited way to save electricity and have a better quality light source at a reasonable rate. They are the future of lighting systems and have great demand. Thus, starting the LED bulb manufacturing business can be profitable as a business venture.
Read our Article:An Overview of BIS for LED Lights