Globalization and advancements in technology have led to many businesses burgeoning in India and especially in Bangalore, in the last few decades. The sheer number of similar businesses in the market is a boon for customers who have a wide array of options to choose from. This makes it important for businesses to stand out from others in terms of quality and other standards to ensure staying at the top of the game. Being compliant with various legal and statutory requirements and obtaining legal certifications help build consumer trust and confidence in the brand of the business. ISO Certification is one such tool which ensures that businesses maintain certain standards in their goods/services and helps businesses gain consumer loyalty and trust in return. Scroll down to check ISO Certification in Bangalore.
An Overview of ISO Certification
ISO stands for International Organization of Standardization, which is an international body with members from national standard bodies of various countries and is responsible for setting guidelines and standards for businesses to adhere to. This global recognition assesses business based on a variety of industrial and commercial standards, ensuring the safety, quality and efficacy of the goods and services. It is prudent for businesses in a competitive city like Bangalore to obtain requisite ISO Certifications as they provide credibility to the business and all the stakeholders and instill confidence in its consumers and clients. ISO Certifications can be used as a great marketing tool to attract customers to the brand, as these certifications are globally recognized and are often symbols for the highest standards of quality, safety and operations.
There are many kinds of ISO Certifications that a business in Bangalore can apply for, namely:
- ISO 9001:2015 Certification ensures implementation of a quality management standard, is a widely used certification and requires various processes and policies to put in place a quality management system in the organization, which ensure quality assurance and control in the good and services provided.
- ISO 27001 Certification is a global security standard that ensures data protection through a robust security management system.
- ISO 450001 Certification is a globally recognized safety management standard which ensures the safety of employees and customers from occupational injuries and hazards.
- ISO 22000 Certification is a food safety management standard which ensures that businesses, especially in the food supply chain, ensure consumers to the food safety standards.
- ISO 22301 Certification certifies the standard of the business continuity management system of the entity where the entity’s preparedness to mitigate factors that might cause disruptions in the critical functioning of the company and its ability for continuity during such a crisis.
- ISO 37000 Certification consists of certain standards that are to be followed by an entity to ensure the elimination of bribery and other corrupt practices. It requires putting in place an anti-bribery management system.
- These are some of the many ISO Certifications which businesses can opt for to improve their goodwill, credibility, and business operations, maintain employee and customer satisfaction and grow the business exponentially.
Time expended in obtaining ISO certifications ranges from 6-15 months, depending on the size of the business entity opting for the Certification.
Steps involved in obtaining ISO Certification in Bangalore
Any business can opt for any number of ISO Certifications depending on the type of business and its requirements. ISO Certifications are not provided by ISO but by independent certification bodies which are required to be accredited by the International Accreditation Forum (IAF). Any business in Bangalore opting for ISO certification in Bangalore can approach any of these IAF-accredited certification bodies. The process to obtain ISO Certification in Bangalore can be taxing and lengthy; hence it’s imperative to be aware of the processes involved and be prepared with the necessary documents and attachments required for the application beforehand.
After deciding on the type of Certification and the certification body, businesses in Bangalore are required to follow the following steps to get ISO Certification in Bangalore:
Fill in an application for Certification
The application for Certification is to be filled out and attached with certain documents. An ISO Agreement delineating the working relationship, terms and conditions between the applicant and ISO Registrar ought to be drafted. The documents required to be submitted along with the application are:
- Proof of identification of the applicant
- Passport size photo of the applicant
- Copy of PAN of the business entity
- Utility bills, like electricity bills, of the entity
- Proof of ownership of business property (sale/lease deed)
- Certificate of incorporation of the business
- Documents like MOA/AOA for companies or other similar constitution documents for other entities
Appointment of Auditor
The applicant is to appoint a trained ISO auditor who would assess if the business meets the necessary standards. The auditor will assess and review the above-mentioned documents and will provide certain procedures to be followed by the business entity for the auditor to assess whether the standards procedures followed by the business meet the requisite ISO standards. If the auditor finds that certain standards are not met, it will ask the business to make the necessary rectifications. After the entity makes the necessary corrections according to the first audit, then conduct a final audit is conducted where the auditor assesses whether the all the requisite changes required to adhere to ISO standards have been made or not. If the rectifications are to the satisfaction of the auditor, she will prepare an audit report to be submitted to the ISO Registrar.
Issuance of ISO Certification in Bangalore
After reviewing the audit report and assessing the application, if the ISO Registrar is satisfied that the business entity meets the requisite standards expected from the particular certificate, the registrar shall accept the application and provide the ISO certificate. This certificate is provided with a unique identification number which is displayed on the goods or services of the entity.
Note: ISO Certification in Bangalore is valid for a period of three years from the date of issuance and is subject to subsequent renewals therefrom.
In an extremely competitive market, opting to obtain ISO Certification in Bangalore is a prudent way to ensure credibility, goodwill, customer trust and loyalty and global recognition to one’s brand. ISO Certification in Bangalore provides many benefits like reducing occupational risks and hazards, maintaining health, and safety, environment-friendly measures, and ensuring top-quality products and services of the business entity, amongst many others. Not only do these certifications fuel growth in revenue and business, but they also ensure confidence and satisfaction from all stakeholders involved in the business, right from the owners and the workforce to the clients and customers.