BIS ISI Certification is for providing the third-party guarantee of safety, reliability and quality of the products to the users. BIS ISI Certification is voluntary, but the Government of India has made BIS ISI Certification compulsory for products taking into consideration public health. The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) provides BIS ISI Certification in India, and the national standards body has been successfully promoting and nurturing the standards movement within the country since 1947. BIS came into existence in 1987 by an Act of Parliament. ISI Mark Certification is issued to corporations & products from the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), which is the standardization department of India. ISI mark ensures that the products are delivered to the customers are safe and are in adherence with all the safety & quality standards set by BIS. In this write-up, we will discuss the BIS ISI Mark for Cement Manufacturers.
Advantages of BIS ISI Mark for cement manufacturers
Following are the benefits of BIS ISI Mark for cement manufacturers:
- Environmental concerns & other national priorities, consumer needs and regulatory requirements.
- BIS ISI mark allows the manufacturers in foreign countries to access Indian markets, with a third-party guarantee to end consumers.
- New &emerging technological areas;
- Increased products value;
- Harmonization with international standards;
- BIS gives assurance of the safety, quality and reliability of the products.
List of the Cement as per their Indian Standard
Following are list of the cement (any variety of cement manufacturing or sold in India):
|Sr. No.||Product||IS No.|
|1.||Sulphate Resisting Portland Cement||IS 12330|
|2.||Portland Pozzolana Cement-Part1 Fly-ash based||IS 1489 (Part 1)|
|3.||Ordinary Portland Cement||IS 269|
|4.||Portland Slag Cement||IS 455|
|5.||Super sulphated cement||IS 6909|
|6.||White Portland Cement||IS 8042|
|7.||Oil well Cement||IS 8229|
|8.||Microfine Ordinary Portland Cement- Specification.||IS 16993: 2018|
|9.||Low heat Portland Cement||IS 12600|
|10.||Portland Pozzolana Cement-Part 2 Calcined clay based||IS 1489 (Part 2)|
|11.||Masonry Cement||IS 3466|
|12..||High Alumina Cement for Structural use||IS 6452|
|13.||Rapid hardening Portland cement||IS 8041|
|14.||Hydrophobic Portland Cement||IS 8043|
|15.||Composite Cement- Specification.||IS 16415: 2015|
|16.||High Alumina Refractory Cement.||IS 15895: 2018|
Documents Required for Obtaining BIS ISI Mark for Cement Manufacturers
Following are the Documents required for obtaining BIS ISI Mark for Cement Manufacturers:
- The registered address of the manufacturing premises or plant.
- Copy of the test report by the BIS authorized internal lab;
- Packaging information like the storage facility, size of products, quality of products, etc.
- Copy of the Registration Certification ( in case of a company) and Partnership deed in case of a Partnership Firm, PAN Card in case of the proprietor)
- Information on all the equipment used for testing;
- Flow chart followed in the manufacturing process;
- Copy of the Trademark Registration;
- All the information regarding the quality control staff, such as Name, Designation, Experience, and Qualification;
- Proof of Indian Residency;
- The disposing technique of inferior products;
- Layout Plan of the Factory;
- Copy of certificate from the regulatory authority;
- All the information regarding machinery installed;
- Copy of the company bank statement;
- Drawing of the product;
- Particulars about the raw material being used;
- Utility bills such as water bills, electric bills, and tax receipts.
Procedure for obtaining BIS ISI Mark for Cement Manufacturers
Following are the Steps for obtaining BIS ISI Mark for Cement Manufacturers:
Step 1: Choose the Product IS Code: firstly, you are required to choose the product quality as mentioned in the Indian Standard Institute.
Step 2: Fill out the Application Form: after selecting the IS Code, then you have to file the registration application form (Form-V). Submit all the essential documents with the application. In addition, submit the required fees for the certification and inspection of your factory premise.
Step 3: Inspection of the Factory Premise: After the successful submission of the application form, the inspection team visit the factory premise. The Inspection team will inspect the factory premise & quality control process. The inspection team will take samples or products for testing in BIS authorized lab.
Step 4: Collect the Test Report: Get the test report of the product sample done by the BIS authorized lab and submit it to the BIS.
Step 5: Issuance of BIS ISI mark certification: BIS, after the proper verification of the application and test report, will issue a BIS ISI certificate.
Misuse of BIS ISI Mark
Unscrupulous manufacturers use the BIS ISI mark and cheat consumers without actually applying for the license by BIS. BIS, acknowledge this point and conducts enforcement and raids on such manufacturers, whose numbers have been increasing every year.It is an offence if a manufacturing premise is using a BIS ISI mark without a valid BIS license. Legal prosecution is launched against the manufacturers.
This blog covers all the basic informationin regard to BIS ISI Mark for cement manufacturers, though, in case of any doubt arises, you can contact our Corpbiz experts to help you guide regarding your concerns.
Read our Article:How to Obtain BIS Certification in India?