CRS (Compulsory Registration Scheme is regulated in scheme-2 of the BIS (Conformity Assessment) Regulation, 2018. In the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, manufacturers must obtain BIS CRS Registration Certificate for electronic products before introducing or selling in the Indian market. We can see the significant growth of licenses under the BIS CRS registration. Per the compulsory registration order, no one will manufacture, import, distribute or sell products that do not follow the Indian Standard specified & do not bear the standard mark with a unique code obtained by the BIS. At present, 77 electronics products are under the CRS scheme. The manufacturers of electronics products need to apply for this registration after getting their products tested by the BIS authorised laboratory. In this write-up, we will discuss BIS for Wireless Keyboard.
An overview of Wireless Keyboard
All Wireless Keyboards have been included in the mandatory BIS / CRS Registration Scheme under IS standard – IS 13252 (Part-1). This product cannot be exported/imported or sold in the Indian consumer market without BIS Registration. We provide complete BIS Registration consultancy services for your product from start to end. We assist you in all documentation formalities and take care of all liaisons with the BIS Office in India.
Eligibility Criteria for the BIS CRS Certification
- Manufacturing Sites: Individuals or businessmen who want the BIS CRS Certification should have manufacturing sites.
- Product in List: The products should be listed in the scheme.
- Multiple BIS for Multiple Brands: The different BIS CRS Certifications for the various electronic products.
Documents required for BIS for Wireless Keyboard
Following are the documents which need to obtain BIS for Wireless Keyboard in India:
- Business license of the manufacturing unit (English language + Local Language).
- ISO Certificate of the manufacturer.
- Scope of the Business License (English language + local language).
- Authorisation latter (if the signatory person is other than the manufacturing facility).
- Trade Mark Authorisation letter, in case the manufacturer does not own the Brand.
- Trade Mark Certificate.
- A nomination letter of AIR.
- Technical specification sheet or product manual of the applied device.
- Testing documents (filled CDF and CCL).
Procedure to obtain BIS for Wireless Keyboard
Following is the process to obtain BIS for Wireless Keyboard in India:
Step 1: Fill out the application: For BIS Registration, the Applicant must apply on the CRS portal to get login credentials by filling out the BIS Registration form.
Step 2: Testing of product in BIS authorised lab: Applicants must generate test requests by login with credentials & getting their product tested from BIS certified lab.
Step 3: Offline/online submission of Application: The Applicant needs to apply on the portal using the verified Test Report of the product within 90 days of its issue and submit all essential documents with the application according to the checklist.
Step 4: Scrutiny of application: BIS officials and the inspection team will scrutinise the test report and all submitted documents with the application form.
Step 5: Grant of license: BIS will grant a license to the manufacturers to use or apply Standard Mark with a unique Registration number on electronics & IT products.
Guidelines for E-Labelling of the products under BIS CRS
Following are the guidelines for e-labelling of the BIS for a wireless keyboard for sale in India:
- Equipment using e-labels needs to have a physical label on the product packing during import, storage, distribution and sale;
- All the administrative application information required on the packaging or user instructions need to be provided according to the applicable rules, in case it is shown electronically;
- Costumers need to be able to access the information without requiring any special access codes and authorisation. In all cases, the information needs to be accessible in more than four steps in a device’s menu;
- The directions to access the information may be available on the product website. The guide on how to access the website need to be mentioned in the consumers’ manual or product package;
- The standard mark shown electronically needs to meet all the requirements issued by BIS;
- The observance regarding details needs to be arranged by the responsible party, and the information needs to be secured in such a manner that third-party cannot modify them;
- E-labelled equipment needs to not require any tool or complemental plug-in to access the e-label;
- If other electronic media give the leading user guide or user manual, these details may be provided as part of the e-label.
- Customers need to be provided with particular directions on how to access the information. The directions need to be contained in the operating instructions, user’s manual, or as an insert in the product package.
Despite being voluntary, registering under the BIS CRS certification provides several benefits on the market. As a result of the increased customer confidence brought on by the BIS CRS mark, businesses can generate more revenue. For some products, BIS certification is necessary. All producers of these products are required to obtain BIS certification for them to be able to put their products on the market.
Read our Article:How to obtain BIS for Printer in India?