ISI stand for Indian standards institute (Previous of Indian Standards). This mark is considered as a sign of safety and quality created under the BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards), the National Standard Body of India. ISI mark ensures that the product complies with BIS’s quality standards. It contains seven digits license number known as CM/L number (CM/L – XXXXXXX). ISI mark is mandatory for certain products that comprise electric appliances such as wiring cables, heaters, switches, kitchen appliances, etc. In this article, we will study ISI Mark for Kitchen Appliances.
Objective of BIS
The main objective of BIS is to ensure that the products delivered to the customers are safe for use and contain good quality. ISI Mark is granted to products after testing the same in the BIS authorised laboratory.
List of Kitchen Appliances as per Indian Standards
Following is the list of Kitchen Appliances as per Indian Standards:
- IS 4250- Domestic Electric Food Mixer (Liquidizers and Grinders) and Centrifugal Juicer;
- IS 302 (Part 2/ Section 14)- Hand-held Blender;
Essential Points of ISI Mark for Kitchen Appliances
Following are the essential points of the ISI mark for Kitchen Appliances:
- If you find that the quality of the product is not up to the ISI mark, make a complaint in BIS.
- The seller needs to mention on the bill that the goods are ISI mark certified.
- If the complaint is against a manufacturer, the BIS do the investigation for three months.
- BIS always check on the manufacturer to know whether they are following the ISI guidelines.
Benefits of ISI Mark for Kitchen Appliances
Following are the benefits of ISI Mark:
- This provides you with a better business opportunity.
- It ensures the better quality & safety of products.
- It reduces the rejection and losses of the business.
- Products with ISI mark give better performance & a long service life in comparison to without ISI mark products.
- This ensures customer satisfaction.
- This gives you guarantees that the manufacturer has followed all ISI guidelines.
- Less resource wastage like raw material, workers, etc.
Documents required for getting ISI Mark for Kitchen Appliances
Following are some vital documents that require obtaining the ISI Mark for Kitchen Appliances:
- Identity Proof of the applicant that includes:
- Aadhar & PAN Card
- Voter ID Card
- Identity certificate with photo issued from the gazetted officer on official letterhead
- Self–certified copy authenticating the firm’s premises (not older than three months) that includes:
- GST Registration
- Insurance policy
- Income tax assessment order
- Property tax receipt
- Telephone bill
- Electricity bill
- Bank statement or Passbook containing the address of the sales outlet.
- Registration with State government authority trade licenses.
- Rent agreement with last rent receipt or lease/sale deed agreement.
- Self-certified copy of the firm establishment
- Registration with State government department
- In case of proprietorship form Certificate from Chartered Accountant.
- Registration certificate issued by company registrar;
- In the case of a partnership firm registered a partnership deed.
- Additional documents are required to be submitted as follows:
- Agreement of 100/- rupees on the non-judicial stamp paper in the prescribed format.
- Location map or premises from some nearest prominent landmark.
Process for obtaining ISI Mark for Kitchen Appliances
There are two procedures for obtaining ISI Mark for Kitchen Appliances:
- Normal Process: In the normal process, the following points are taken to get ISI Mark-
- Firstly, the applicant must fill out the application and submit the required documents with the prescribed fees to the nearest BIS branch.
- After filling application, BIS officials visit the applicant’s factory to oversee faculties & manufacturing procedures. BIS officials check the accuracy of the manufacturing procedure and the manufacturer’s capability to produce an adequate amount of products.
- In the third step, products are sent for BIS laboratory testing. After lab testing the products, the report is released in the laboratory.
- ISI certification is granted to the company if the reports are found satisfactory.
- Simplified Process: In the simplified process, the following points are taken to get ISI Mark.
- Firstly, the applicant must take kitchen appliances products to the testing lab to furnish the test report. It needs to be a Bis-authorised lab, and the sample should be with the application for certification.
- After the test report declaration, BIS pays a visit to the applicant’s factory premises if the result is found satisfactory with other documents.
- After paying the visit & finding that the procedure is fully compliant with ISI standards, BIS issued the certification to the company. The applicant needs to attest the application and other documents from a chartered engineer & submit it to BIS to get ISI Mark certification.
Indian Standard Institute is referred to as ISI. The manufacturer of the products must register the ISI mark. A product with an ISI mark is guaranteed to be safe for customers. The symbol assures the consumer that the products are of high quality. ISI, however, supports maintaining a positive working relationship between the manufacturer and the client.
Read our Article:How to Get ISI Registration Certificate?