The Pollution Control Board was established to keep a check on environmental pollution. It is an authority to keep balance and maintain the issues related to pollution. It issues guidelines and policies regarding controlling and managing the environment’s pollution.
Application for Pollution Control Board Authorization
Pollution Control Board authorization is granted by the pollution control board providing guidelines or recommendations on any matter related to the prevention and control of pollution. It is mandatory to obtain the Pollution Control Board Authorisation, and after its expiry, it is also essential to file an online application for its renewal.
The application for Pollution Control Board Authorization is filed by the one who wants to establish the industries related to:
- Manufacturing Entities and Traders,
- Health Care Establishment,
- Battery Waste Management Entities,
- E-waste and Solid Management,
- Hazardous Waste Management Entities,
- Plastic Waste Management Entities, and
- Bio-medical Waste Management Entities.
The application for Pollution Control Board Authorization is filed for the following advantages that are associated with it:
- It ensures the sustainable development
- It helps in controlling the prevention of natural resources.
- It protects the environment with effective waste management programmes.
- It creates awareness among the consumers.
- It binds the industries with all the requisite compliance related to pollution control.
- It also provides consent to operate and consent to establish any relevant business.
Types of the Pollution Control Board Authorization
The application for Pollution Control Board Authorization can be filed for the following two types:
- Consent to Establish
The Consent to Establish is granted by the appropriate authority to establish or start any manufacturing industry. It is also known as CTE. This form of consent is primary permission from the authority to start any form of pollution industry.
- Consent to Operate
The Consent to Operate is given to ensure that the industry maintains the standards related to the operation. It is also known as CTO. All types of industry require this form of consent.
Eligibility for filling application for Pollution Control Board Authorization
The applicant filing an online application for Pollution Control Board Authorization is required to fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Demarcated areas for Industries.
- Industries are not having a plant or machinery of Rs. 1 Crore.
- Industries are not having machinery on Hosiery Units of Rs. 2 Crores.
- Industries are not discharging any form of pollution.
- Industries are not discharging toxic or hazardous waste.
Documents required with application for Pollution Control Board Authorization
The online application for Pollution Control Board Authorization is filed with the following requisite documents:
- Identity and Address proof of the authorized person
- Pan Card, in case of Partnership or company
- Authorization letter (not in case of Sole Proprietorship)
- Factory License
- Trade License
- Units’ Registration Proof
- A Letter for total project cost by the appropriate Chartered Accountant
- Site plan layout
- Electricity and utility bill
- FSSAI certificate, in case food business
- Compliance report of no objection certificate
- Effluent Treatment Plant’s completion certificate
- Satellite image of the project or industry site
- Environment statement, in case of extension or renewal
The procedure of online application for Pollution Control Board Authorization
The followings are steps to be taken while obtaining Pollution Control Board Authorization:
- Filing of an online application for Pollution Control Board Authorization in a form with all the requisite documents.
- The online application must have information related to the proposed pollution control plans, site details and other registration certificates from the Industry Department.
- The online application is then submitted to appropriate authorities such as General Manager; District Industrial Centre or Member Secretary; and Pollution Control Board or Regional Officers of State Pollution Control Board.
- The reply to this online application for Pollution Control Board Authorization is given within four months by the board.
- The applicant’s business premises are inspected by the appropriate authority, and based on the report of such inspection, the online application is accepted or rejected.
- If the online application for Pollution Control Board is accepted, the authorization is granted to the applicant. However, if such an application is rejected, then the reasons for the rejection are notified to the applicant.
The online application for Pollution Control Board Authorization is filed before the appropriate authority with all the required documents and fees. There are two types of authorizations CTE and CTO. The Content to Establish (CTE) is obtained to establish or start any business/industry. The Consent to Operate is granted to ensure that the industries maintain the standards set by the pollution board or other relevant authorities. It is mandatory to obtain as well renew such authorizations.
Read our Article:Responsibilities of SPCB in India: Explained