An Overview of Copyright Registration in Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh is a state located in the Central India with dense forest and also known for its beautiful temples and waterfalls. To the northwest of Chhattisgarh, lies the gigantic famous Chitrakoot Waterfalls.
In India, copyright registration is governed and administered by the Copyright Act, 1957. Copyright registration in Chhattisgarh gives the absolute right of ownership and advantage to the author’s work from any unauthorized duplication, which lasts for 60 years.
Documents required for Copyright Registration in Chhattisgarh
To register a copyright in Chhattisgarh, you need to provide the following documents:
- Proof of ownership for the work being registered either in the form of an assignment deed, a publishing agreement, or any other legal document.
- Name, address and citizenship of the applicant
- Self-attested copy of government-issued identity proof of the applicant
- In case the applicant and the publisher are two different individual, NOC to be provided.
- If application is filed through an agent, a Power of Attorney will be required authorizing the agent to file the application on your behalf.
Book a Free Consultation
Get response within 24 hours
Procedure for Registering a Copyright in Chhattisgarh
The procedure for Copyright Registration in Chhattisgarh are as follows:
The time taken for the copyright registration process can vary, but it typically takes a few months to complete.