On 12th April 2023, the Ministry of Textiles issued a notification regarding the Protective Textiles (Quality Control) Order, 2022.
This Order is deemed to come into force 180 days after its publication in the Official Gazette.
This order shall be applicable to the following goods or articles namely –
- Curtains and Drapes
- Upholstered composites used for non-domestic furniture
- Protective clothing for firefighters
- Protective gloves for firefighters
- Protective clothing for industrial workers exposed to heat
- Clothing made of limited flame spread materials and material assemblies affording protection against heat and flame
- High visibility Warning Clothes
- Protective Clothing for use in welding and allied processes
- Tactical 3-point sling
- Pouch for ammunition and grenades made of disruptive pattern nylon-66
- Bullet-resistant jackets
- Water-proof multipurpose rain poncho