Overview of Trademark Class 43
Trademark Class 43 includes Services providing food, drinks for Consumptions & services provided to get bed in hotels, boarding houses or any other establishments that offers temporary accommodations.
Trademark Class 43
Concept of Trademark Classification
Trademark classification is known for categorization of Goods & Services. There are many group of trademark that is categorized into various classes. It is an arranged collection of documents as per the type and the description of the Goods & Services for Trademark Registration.
Trademark categorization plays a major role in classifying classes in almost every country. There are different classes for Goods & Services. There are 34 classes for goods out of 45 classes and 11 classes are for services.
List of Services under Trademark Class 43
List of Services not included under Trademark Class 43
- Class 44 - Rest and convalescent homes
- Class 41 - Discotheque services & Boarding schools
- Class 40 - Preservation services for food and drink
- Class 39 - Arranging travel by tourist agencies
- Class 36- Rental services for real estate properties like houses, flats for permanent use
Coordinated Classes for Trademark Class 43
If the candidate is not sure whether to register in Trademark Class 43, following ‘coordinated’ classes may be considered
- Class 36 – Insurance and finance services
- Class 37 – Construction and repair services
- Class 38 – Telecommunications services
- Class 39 – Shipping and travel services
- Class 40 – Material treatment services
- Class 41 – Education and entertainment services
- Class 42 – Science and technology services
- Class 44 – Medical and vet services
- Class 45 – Legal and security services
List of Services that come under Class 43 of the Trademark Registry
- Tourist homes
- Temporary accommodation reservations
- Self-service restaurants
- Retirement homes
- Rental of transportable buildings
- Rental of tents
- Rental of temporary accommodation
- Rental of meeting rooms
- Rental of lighting apparatus
- Rental of drinking water dispensers
- Rental of cooking apparatus
- Rental of chairs, tables, table linen, glassware
- Providing campground facilities
- Hotel reservations
- Holiday camp services (lodging)
- Food sculpting
- Food and drink catering
- Day-nurseries (crèches)
- Boarding houses
- Boarding house bookings
- Boarding for animals
- Bar services
- Accommodation bureau (hotels, boarding houses)
Frequently Asked Questions
Trademark is segregated into 45 Classes as per NICE Classification.
You cannot add classes to your trademark, once trademark application is filed.
The 3 types of Trademark are- Design mark, certification mark & distinguishing guise.
Trademarks in India are registered by the Controller General of Patents Designs and Trademarks & Ministry of Commerce and Industry of India.
A trademark can have multiple owners.
Trademark Assignment occurs when the possession of marks is transferred from one party to another along with or without the goodwill of the business.