Overview on Plastic Waste Management Authorization
In India, plastic waste is generated around 20-25 thousand tons every day. Therefore, plastic waste rapidly enters and affects the food chain. Pollution has been born due to the non-disposal of plastic waste. Therefore, this leads to the spreading of life-threatening diseases in humans and animals. Consequently, this is the need of the hour for the government to set up and make appropriate Laws to combat with pollution born from plastic waste. Therefore, the government of India introduced the concept of Extended Producers Responsibility (EPR) 2016 and plastic waste management rules, 2016 same define the responsibilities of PIBO’s to manage plastic waste disposal in India
Who are eligible to register under Plastic waste management?
- So every producer, Brand owner, recycler, and manufacturer involved in plastic waste management shall need to obtain a license from the State pollution control board or the Pollution control committee of the respective UT’s.
- The rules concerned with plastic waste management shall apply to every waste generator, Gram panchayat, any Local body, Manufacturer, Importer, and producer of Plastic materials.
Procedure to obtain Plastic Waste Management Authorization
- Plastic Waste Management Registration can be applied online or offline.
- Uploading the required papers in the portal.
- Submit the form to the appropriate authorities.
- Proper follow-up with the departments.
- If the application and supporting documentation are determined to be satisfactory by government officials then the license or certificate will be issued.
What are the responsibilities of Producers, Importers, and Brand owners?
- Based on the rules laid down in respect of extended producers Responsibility (EPR), the producer shall work on modalities for collection of the system based on EPR from the date of publication of rules within six months.
- The producers should maintain the records of the details of the person engaged in the supply of plastic which is used as a raw material to manufacture carry bags or plastic sheets or cover made of plastic sheets.
Marking and labelling
Every Plastic bag and multi-layered packaging must have the below information should be printed in English language only:
- Name and the manufacturer's registration number and thickness of the carry bag.
- Name and registration of the manufacturer of multi-layered packaging.
- Name and certificate number in case of carrying bags made of compostable plastic.
Documents required for applying PWM authorization
- KYC Documents of a Company
- KYC Documents of Authorised Signatory
- Business Premises Documents with Layout Map
- State Board Clearance
How can Corpbiz will assist?
- Corpbiz will assist you in documentation
- Providing consultation
- Follow-up with the government
- Delivering of license
- End-to end service
Frequently Asked Questions
The Plastic Waste Management (PWM) Rules, 2016, define that Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) must ensure that no one uses plastic bags less than 50 microns thick and that recycled plastics are not used for packaging food or beverages.
The government has enacted the Plastic Waste Management Amendment Rules, which would make it illegal to buy some single-use plastic items. The thickness of plastic bags increased from 50 to 75 millimeters to 120 microns on December 31, 2022.
Plastic is widely used over the world, the amount of garbage generated by its use is huge. If not adequately managed, this waste has a variety of negative consequences for the environment and living things. As a result, proper plastic waste management is significant. Plastic is non-biodegradable, which means it will remain in the environment indefinitely.
For E-waste management, an EPR Certificate is required for Indian manufacturers and importers. The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), part of the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MOEFCC), grants EPR authorization.
Corpbiz is committed to offering satisfying services to customers. Services that the corpbiz provide are cost-effective and convenient as per the customers' requirements.