An Overview of PCPNDT License
PCPNDT (Pre-Conception & Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques) Act, 1994 is an Act of the Parliament of India enacted to stop female foeticides & arrest the declining sex ratio in India. A PCPNDT License is a Registration of a Clinical Establishment which uses USG (Ultrasonography) and this Registration is completely handled by the Government. Also, it is vital to have a CE License before applying for a PCPNDT License. This License is required in order to check female foeticide and it is prohibited to determine & disclose the sex of the foetus. It is also outlawed to give out any sort of promotion & advertisements regarding the pre-natal determination of sex. The person or an individual who breaks the provisions of the PCPNDT Act is punishable with a fine & imprisonment.
The PCPNDT License comes under the Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques (Registration & Prevention of Misuse) Act, 1994 and has been enacted by the Government of State to provide for Registration & regulation of all Clinical Establishments, which has USG equipment in the state.
What Kind of Clinical Establishments Require PCPNDT License?
Following are the different types of Clinical Establishments which require a PCPNDT License:
- Maternity Homes;
- Nursing Homes.
Note: In addition, they could be any institution that offers gynaecological services and uses Ultrasonography (USG) equipment.
Necessary Papers Required for PCPNDT License
Following are some vital necessary papers required for PCPNDT License:
- Application form in Duplicate (Form-A);
- Type of ownership of organisation (Partnership or individual ownership or company or co-operative or any other to be specified). In case the type of organisation is other than individual ownership, provide a copy of AoA (Articles of Association) and names & addresses of other individuals responsible for the management as an enclosure;
- Equipment available with the make & model of each equipment;
- An affidavit containing undertakings from owners that they shall not conduct any test/procedure for selection of sex before or after conception & they shall not conduct any test/procedure for selection of sex before or after conception & they shall prominently display a notice stating they don’t conduct such tests;
- Site plan of place;
- Registration under Clinical Establishment Act (wherever applicable);
- If a Society or Trust Registration Certificate from Competent Authority & a copy of Rules & Regulations;
- Certified copy or copies of educational qualifications of the person operating the machine;
- Proforma or invoice for sonography machine from authorised dealer or manufacturer;
- Necessary Paperary proof of requisite qualifications & experience as specified under the PNDT Act & Rules of individuals employed by the facility should be attached with the application for Registration;
- Certified copy or copies of training experience certificate of the person operating the machine;
- Any other additional necessary papers as considered necessary by appropriate authorities.
Book a Free Consultation
Get response within 24 hours
Standard Operating Procedure for PCPNDT License
Following is the procedure for PCPNDT License:
- First, the applicant must fill out the application form in Form-A and every application shall be duly accompanied by an Affidavit & supporting necessary papers.
- Then the appropriate Authority or any authorised individual person will acknowledge the application in the acknowledgement slip provided in Form-A.
- Then the application shall be submitted along with the necessary papers and application fee.
- The fees collected by the Authority for Registration shall be deposited by the Authority concerned in a bank account opened in the name of the official designation of the concerned appropriate Authority.
- The fees collected by the appropriate Authority shall be utilised by the appropriate Authority in connection with the activities connected with the implementation of the provisions of the Act & these rules.
- Every application received by the suitable Authority will firstly be scrutinised by it & an enquiry into whether such body fulfils all the requirements under the PNDT Act shall be made.
- If an enquiry by the Authority is satisfied that the applicant has fulfilled all requirements, the application for the Registration will be placed before the Advisory Committee.
- Thereafter the Advisory Committee shall examine the application and give its advice on the same to the Authority.
- The Authority, after considering the advice, will issue a Registration Certificate.
- The Certificate shall be given in duplicate & in the form as prescribed in Form-B.
- The grant of the PCPNDT License shall be communicated within 90 days from the receipt date of the application for Registration.
Important Points Regarding PCPNDT License or Registration
- It is compulsory for everybody registered under PNDT Act to display the Registration Certificate at a conspicuous place in such lab, centre, or clinic;
- In the event of a alteration of management or change or ownership or when the lab, centre, or clinic ceases to function as one; both copies of the Registration Certificate shall be surrendered to the appropriate Authority.
- All laboratories, clinics, and centers registered under the PNDT Act shall give an affidavit affirming that they will not indulge in the pre-natal determination mandated by the Supreme Court (SC).
- The Certificate of Registration must mention the number of ultrasound machines in the centre. Moreover, the Registration Certificate must also mention all the portable ultrasound machines in the proposed centre. In the case of Registration Certificates already issued, the list of ultrasound machines portable/otherwise must be mentioned on another page & the said paper must also be shown along with the Registration Certificate at an evident place in the centre.
- Each new manager or owner of a centre, lab, or clinic has to apply for a fresh grant of Registration Certificate.
Rejection of the Application for PCPNDT License
If, after enquiry and giving an opportunity of hearing to the applicant & after taking advice from the Advisory Committee, the Authority has come to the conclusion that the applicant hasn’t complied with the requirements of the PNDT Act, then the said application will be rejected.
Note: The reasons for the rejection shall be given in writing & as specified in Form-C. The rejection of Registration shall be informed to the applicant within 90 days from the date of the receipt of the Registration.
Corpbiz Assistance for PCPNDT License
Frequently Asked Questions
It's the short form of the Pre-Conception & Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (Prohibition of Sex Selection) Act. It's an Act of Parliament enacted to stop female foeticide and arrest the declining sex ratio in India.
Pre-natal means before birth, and techniques used for the diagnosis or detection of any physical or mental conditions in a foetus are known as pre-natal diagnostic techniques or tests or procedures.
The Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques (Regulation & Prevention of Misuse) Act, 1994.
Hospitals, Clinics, Maternity Homes, and Nursing Homes.