An Overview of Director’s KYC
Filing of the Director's KYC is an annual process to file updated details of the Director with Registrar of Companies (ROC) in the DIR-3 KYC Form. DIN or Director Identification Number refers to a unique identification number allotted to an individual willing to be a Director or an existing Director of a Company. DIN is obtained by filing an application in an e-form (DIR-3). However, now with an update in the Registry of MCA, it becomes mandatory for all Directors having DIN to submit KYC details in e-form DIR-3 KYC annually. Contact Corpbiz; we have a team of experts who can help you in completing the Director's KYC without any hassle.
What is the Purpose of Form DIR-3 Director’s KYC?
Every Director shall inform all Companies in which he or she is a Director and the DIN allotted to him or her in Form DIR-3B within thirty days of the receipt of intimation of approval of Director Identification Number. Similarly, the Manager & the Secretary of a Company shall inform the Company of their PAN (Permanent Account Number). The Company needs to provide further details about the DIN of Directors to Registrar in Form DIR-3C within 15 days of receiving intimation.
Different Types of DIR-3 Director’s KYC Filing
The Direction Identification Number holder can file & update their DIR-3 KYC details via e-Form & web services for the previous Financial Year (FY). The following are 2 different types of DIR-3 Director’s KYC Filing:
- KYC Details Update through e-Form DIR-3: The web services are only available to the holder of the DIN who has previously submitted the e-Form DIR-3 KYC in the last Financial Year and also doesn't require an update in KYC details & can make yearly KYC updation.
- Director’s KYC Update through Web Services of DIR-3: The DIN holder filing the details of the Director's KYC in the starting period as per the MCA should file the KYC details through the e-Form DIR-3 KYC & the web services access is not available to the individual; also the holder needs to update the KYC details through the e-Form DIR-3 KYC if update has to be updated. There is no access to web services for the updation.
Who can file e-Form DIR-3 KYC?
As per the recent announcement by MCA, Directors are required to submit their KYC information to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs if they meet the following conditions:
Important Point to Know Before Filing the e-Form DIR-3 KYC – Director’s KYC
- Every Directors’ personal mobile number & email address will have to be provided while filing the e-form. This contact number & email address will be verified by an OTP;
- Ensure that correct & complete details are provided; the e-Form should be certified by a Practising CA or CS or Cost & Management Accountant;
- The Director has to use their Digital Signature while filing the DIR-3 KYC Form.
Necessary Papers Required to File DIR-3 Director’s KYC Form
Following is the list of all the necessary papers required to file the DIR-3 Director’s KYC Form:
Besides these necessary papers, Directors must have the following items on hand:
Process of Filing Director’s KYC Form
If the Director of a Company is filing DIN KYC for the 1st time, then it has to be filed by uploading a duly-filed copy of the MCA-prescribed e-Form DIR-3 KYC. Along with this Form, the address proof copy is filed as a compulsory attachment. The e-form DIR-3 (Director's KYC) is signed with the Director's Digital Signature, followed by attestation by a CS, CA, or CMA in full-time practice. Following is the process for filing the DIR-3 KYC:
Step 1: Check DIN Status: First, you need to check the DIN status. If you need any help, then you can contact us, and we shall provide you with the DIN Status. The Status should be active and if you face any problems, contact us for a resolution.
Step 2: Provide Relevant Details in the Form DIR-3 KYC:
- Name & Relevant Credentials: The applicant must enter their & father’s first & last name. The name entered should match the one mentioned in the Permanent Account Number (PAN). The address cited here will be verified with the PAN database. Short forms, single alphabets, and acronyms are not allowed.
- Nationality: It is vital to declare your nationality. In the instance of foreign nationals who serve as the Directors of the Company, then the nationality of the Director should be mentioned in the Passport.
- Declaration of Age: An individual must enter their Date of Birth and an individual must be a minimum of 18 years of age while filing the application.
- Address: Scanned copy (self-attested) of the address proof of the applicant is attached to the DIR-3 KYC Form. The address proof shouldn’t be older than 2 months.
Step 3: Prepare DIR-3 and verify the email or mobile number: The 1st time filing of KYC is done by submitting an e-form to the Registrar of Companies; the mobile number & email id of the Director or Partner are verified via OTP. A similar process of OTP (One Time Password) verification is applicable in web-based KYC filing.
Step 4: Filing of DIR-3 KYC e-Form to ROC: The e-form needs to be digitally signed by the Director & then the same is certified by a Practising CS, CA or CMA. Our experts can file the DIR-3 KYC form on your behalf and submit it to the MCA.
Step 5: Generation of SRN: After submission of the e-form, an SRN will be generated and this will be used for future correspondence with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
Step 6: Email Communication: An email with approval of the receipt of the Form will be sent to your personal email id. Once the approval is received, the filing of the DIR-3 KYC e-form is complete.
Due Date of Filing DIR 3 KYC Form - Director’s KYC
Purpose of Form
Last Date to File
30th September 2023
Every person who holds DIN as on 31st Mar 2023 & who has not filed DIR-3 KYC form previously or there is a change in email id & mobile number.
DIR-3 KYC web-based
30th September 2023
Every person or individual who has previously filed Form DIR-3 KYC & there is no change in phone no. & email id.
Book a Free Consultation
Get response within 24 hours
Consequences of not filing DIR-3 KYC within the Due Date
If a Director who is supposed to file this Form doesn't file it by 30th September, then the Department will mark the Director Identification Number of such Director as Deactivated due to non-filing of the DIR-3 KYC e-form. If the Director wants to re-activate their Director Identification Number in future by filing the missed out filing Form, he or she can do so after paying a late fee of Rs. 5,000/-.